Monday, March 22, 2010

I don't know what to think...

With one phone call, my world has completely stopped.

Cadie's newborn test results came in and she passed all but one. Her cystic fibrosis test came back slightly elevated. Her two week appointment is tomorrow and they plan on redoing the test and we should have the results in 2-3 weeks.

I am all kinds of mixed up right now. I hope that it's just a fluke thing... that something went wrong with the testing and it's all just some big mistake. I'll even settle for her being a carrier. But how can I look at my beautiful, seemingly healthy little girl and see anything but?

It's not fair. It's not fair to watch someone you love succumb to a lung disease and then have to wait with fingers crossed that it won't happen again. Why this and why now?

No comments:

Post a Comment