Monday, May 31, 2010

Fix-It Friday (a few days late!)

Hello, my name is Danielle and I'm addicted to taking and editing pictures. I decided to take a break from editing Cadie's pictures for her memory book and took on a challenge from www.iheartfaces.blogspot.com. I hope to do this every week.

This week's photo was submitted by JaimeLee at Candidly Grateful. Here is what she wrote about her photo: "This is a photo of my twins at 6 weeks old. I love the photo because of their interaction and their faces, but I feel like it’s a little drab or flat. It needs some life."

Here's the original:


And here's a couple of edits I did:


I didn't write my exact steps down, but this is what I remember:

1) Cleaned up and softened skin tones with coffeshop's Baby Powder Room
2) Tweaked with the Brightness and Contrast
3) Used a soft brush to color in the background
4) Applied some textures to just the background
5) Boosted the white
6) Cropped the photo

Then I added the Coffeeshop Creamy Chocolate action and adjusted the opacity until I got the look I wanted. I added a few more textures (erasing on their bodies on all but the top one) to give it a vintage look.

I hope that these have the "life" that the poster wanted.

You can check out how others edited this picture here.

No comments:

Post a Comment