Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

We decided earlier this week to celebrate Mother's Day on Saturday instead of Sunday. It was basically to avoid the crowds. Tom and Cadie picked out a beautiful necklace for me. It's white gold with a heart-shaped aquamarine stone and diamond chips. It's absolutely beautiful and it's so special since it's Cadie's birth stone. They took me out for dinner to one of my favorite restaurants, a tiny little sushi place in town. I had not had sushi in well over a year, so let's just say I really enjoyed it. Then we came home, snuggled on the couch and watched Julie & Julia, which totally makes me want to learn how to cook. Not just mac n cheese type of cooking, either. The real kind.

We took it easy today. It was tough because not only was this my first Mother's Day, but it was the first without my mother in law. I wonder if these things ever get easier, and then realize that it probably won't. You never truly get over the loss and days like this just bring it back up to the surface. Eventually the pain decreases some, but you always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment