Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Memory Book

My twin cousins were really young when my grandmom passed away. My aunt, whose own mother had passed several years before, wanted her daughters to know who their grandmom was, so she put together some memory books. They were basically picture books that they would look at every night and share memories they had of her. My aunt was determined that they would remember mommom. It worked. Nine years later, they can still vividly recall special moments they shared.

I plan on doing something like this for my mother in law. Cadie never got to actually meet her, but I still think it's important for her and my husband and I to have something to share the memories with. My mother in law was so excited to become a first-time grandma and she loved this little girl oh so much. I will make sure Cadie knows that.

No comments:

Post a Comment