Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sleep-deprived thought

So, as I was feeding Cadie her bottle just now, it occurred to me that she isn't like other babies I've had the pleasure of feeding. Most babies I've fed lay there contently. Eat, burp, eat. Cadie thrashes around constantly. Eat, flail about, knock bottle from mommy's hand, spazz out even more, scream as mommy adjusts her to pick up bottle, eats, flails, knocks, spazzes, screams, repeat. It's a viscous cycle.

All, I can say is that I am glad that we decided to formula feed. Seeing how violent she is when she eats makes the ta tas feel like they really dodged a bullet. You're welcome, ta tas.
Oh, and here's a picture of the pretty girl. The hubby and I had date night on Saturday and my father in law watched her for us. In celebration of us leaving her for a few hours for the first time, I dressed her up all cute and stuff. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. yea...Noah's a thrasher too (or was, he's grown out of it mostly). I was breastfeeding at the height of the thrashing and more than one time thought my nipple was going to be ripped from the boob! Suffice to say, we're done with the boob and on to all bottles and formula:)

    ReplyDelete